Tuesday, July 27, 2010

To Some Out of Town Friends

I hope all is well an you are having a great time. I regret that I haven't been able to get over to your house this month, but I wanted to send you a note anyway. I feel the Spirit prompting me to remind you of a promise made President Eyring in this months Ensign. The message was "Faithful Friends", and talked about Jesus' friends and how we can can be a friend to him by being a friend to others.

"In the next few days you will have many opportunities to be a friend for Him. It may be as you walk on a dusty road. It may be as you sit down in a railroad car. It may be as you look for a place to sit in a Church congregation. If you are watching, you will see someone carrying a heavy burden. It may be a burden of sorrow or loneliness or resentment. It may be visible to you only if you have prayed for the Spirit to give you eyes to see into hearts and have promised to lift up the hands that hang down." (Ensign July 2010)

I pray for the Spirit to bless you all with joy and bring you back safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment